23 October 2019: 11.00 am – 11.45 am, Asset Management and Maintenance Conference & Exhibition, Ricoh Arena, Coventry.
Huthwaite's Head of Learning and Development, Shaun James, joins other expert speakers at the NHF Asset Management and Maintenance Conference (22-23 October) to talk about 'Developing long-term relationships and negotiate better deals with suppliers'.
Topics covered include:
- From average to successful negotiators: looking at the behaviours
- How strategy, tactics, power, preparation, planning, internal mandates and – above all – face-to-face interactions influence outcomes
Session overview - Negotiations have been at the top of the public agenda more than ever in the past three years because of Brexit, and this has only highlighted how inadequate most people’s understanding is of what good negotiations look like. There’s a right way and a wrong way to plan strategy, prepare tactics and execute the face-to-face behaviours, based on years of close observational research applied by thousands of trained sales professionals. The lessons that those sales professionals use in successful negotiations throw into sharp relief some of the errors that our more public negotiators have fallen into in recent times.
- Insights into the behaviours that world class negotiators use most effectively
- An understanding of the importance of robust preparation and planning
- A rundown of the top mistakes that can make negotiations fail