Essential training for: those who are in sales, sales management, business development or a customer-facing role, where demonstrating value to a prospect or customer is an important part of what you do.
SPIN® Selling is the heart of the SPIN® Suite and a key aspect of our sales training programmes. It helps businesses across the globe to improve their sales figures time after time.
Why invest in SPIN® Selling?
Companies can spend billions on improving employee performance, yet not all of them link the investment to increased profits. Find out how Huthwaite’s SPIN® Selling programme can work with you and your business to measure ROI.
What to expect from your SPIN® Selling programme
By the end of the Huthwaite International SPIN® Selling programme, participants will:
- know the strengths and weaknesses of their present selling style
- be able to describe the psychology of customer needs
- understand how major buying decisions are made
- be able to influence all members of a decision-making unit
- be able to demonstrate the key behaviours used by effective salespeople in their verbal interactions with customers
- have a framework for planning sales calls in terms of these behaviours
- have practised the behaviours that greatly reduce the likelihood of objections
- objectively measure their performance compared with the skilled behaviour profile
- model and create an action plan for continued development of skills on the job.
SPIN® Selling delivery options
SPIN® Selling is available through a range of options to suit your business needs. Each path is designed to provide you with a comprehensive learning journey to optimise skill transfer and give maximum return on your investment.
SPIN® Selling: blended learning solution
For teams who need to optimise seller time, this fully blended learning solution ensures sellers will:
- acquire key concepts through state of the art online modules
- practise skills with expert facilitators who provide feedback in a 2-day classroom* event
- use digital tools, reinforcement materials and videos to support on the job implementation and further learning.
*The classroom element can be replaced by a virtual classroom which comprises 5 sessions involving 2 to 3 hour live online modules. Participants join in the live sessions from wherever they are in the world.
SPIN® Selling: complete classroom experience
For teams who want an in-depth experience, the programme is available as a complete classroom experience. Sellers will:
- be immersed in intensive group work and role plays
- receive feedback from our expert facilitators to optimise learning
- experience a high-energy programme delivered over 3 consecutive days.
SPIN® Selling: collaborative approach
For teams wishing to enrich their learning experience over an extended period. Sellers will:
- receive support through internal enablers who will coach and mentor them while they learn with and from their colleagues
- complete a comprehensive series of assignments and tasks over a 7-week on the job learning experience
- take part in both classroom and virtual skills sessions where expert facilitators provide feedback, to build confidence and encourage sustainable behaviour change within a whole team.
SPIN® Selling customisation options
To maximise the return on investment from the programme our approach can, incorporate the following activities in addition to the chosen learning activities:
- Bespoke design of programme content, roleplays and exercises to focus on your customers, products and markets
- Initial benchmarking to define the start point for each participant and support development objectives
- Integration of Huthwaite SPIN® Tools into your processes and sales systems, including your CRM to objectively measure and review sales progress
- Specially designed alignment workshops for your marketing team to equip them to support your SPIN® trained sales team
- Multi-lingual roll-out across the world through our exemplary network of Huthwaite trainers in more than 23 languages to provide a unified experience with a local understanding
- Follow up sessions, development reviews, coaching workshops and additional reinforcement tools to deliver the best ROI and further support implementation of SPIN® Selling skills on the job.